Links on MacOS X
UPDATE: This post originally refered to the version of Links that was current at the time. Updates made Jan 31, 2007 are in parens.
I got Links running on MacOS X today. Here are some things you have to do:
- Install PostgreSQL from source. To do this, download the source and follow the instructions, but after
./configureand before make, you (no longer) have to:
src/include/pg_config.h(change the relevant line to
Install postgresql-ocaml (latest version in Markus Mottl's directory). Note that you don't want the postgresql-ocaml library that comes up first in the Google search; that's an older version. You want Markus Mottl's version.
In one case, I had to modify OCamlMakefile to set INCDIRS and LIBDIRS to point to
- (No longer required.) Install pcre (get it via FTP). To do this, follow the instructions, but after ./configure and before make, go into the file
libtooland change the line
allow_undefined_flag="-flat_namespace -undefined warning"(it appears twice in the file)
- (No longer required.) Install pcre-ocaml (latest version found in this directory)
- >(No longer required.) Install findlib (ocamlfind)
- (No longer required.) Install equeue
- Install ocamlnet
- (No longer relevant) Don't install curl (ocurl). At least, I couldn't get it to install—I got some kind of mismatch between it and the libcurl headers that were installed on my MacOS 10.3 system. Instead, I redefined the grab_url function in sl_import.ml so that it wouldn't use curl for now.